Procrastination Among Students in Institutes of Higher Learning: Challenges
Written by Noran Fauziah Yaakub (PhD) while serving at the School
of Languages and Scientific Thinking, Universiti Utara Malaysia (2000).
- Aitken, (1982). A personality profile of the college student procrastinator,
Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh.
- Beswick, G., Rothblum, E.D., and Mann, L. (1988). Psychological antecedents
to student procrastination. Australian Psychologist, 23: 207-217.
- Clark, J.L. and Hill, O.W. (1994). Academic procrastination among
African-American college students. Psychological Reports, 75:
- Ellis, A. and Knaus, W. (1977). Overcoming Procrastination.
Institute for Rational Living: New York.
- Ferrari, J.R. (1999). "Getting it done: Conquering procrastination
depends on the delay pattern." Paper presented at the First Annual
Conference on Counseling the Procrastinator in Academic Settings, Toronto,
Canada, August 16-17,1999.
- Ferrari, J.R. and Emmons, R.A. (1994). Procrastination as revenge:
Do people report using delays as a strategy for vengeance? Personality
and Individual Differences, 17, 539-544.
- Ferrari, J.R., Johnson, J.L., and McCown, W.G. (1995). Procrastination
and Task Avoidance. New York, N.Y: Plenum Press.
- Haycock, L.A. and McCarthy, P. (1998). Procrastination in college
students: The role of self-efficacy and anxiety, Journal of Counseling
and Development, 76: 317-323.
- Higher Education Department. (2000). Brief Notes. Ministry
of Education, Malaysia.
- Kalechstein, P., Hocevar, D., Zimmer, J.W. and Kalechestein, M. (1989).
Procrastination over test preparation and test anxiety. In Schwarzer,
Van der Plloeg, H.M. and Spielberger, C.D. (Eds.) Advances in Test
Anxiety Research. Vol. 6, Swets and Zietler, B.V. Amsterdam/Lisse.
- Lay, C.H. (1988). The relationship of procrastination and optimism
to judgments of time to complete an essay and anticipation of setbacks.
Journal of Social Behaviour and Personality, 8: 647-662.
- Lay, C.H. and Burns, P. (1991). Intentions and behaviour in studying
for an examination: The role of trait procrastination and its interaction
with optimism. Journal of Social Behaviour and Personality, 6:
- Lay, C.H. and Schouwenberg, H.C. (1993). Trait procrastination, time
management, and academic behaviour. Journal of Social Behaviour and
Personality, 8: 647-662.
- McCown, W.G. and Roberts, R. (1994). A Study of academic and work-related
dysfunctioning relevant to the college version of an indirect measure
of impulsive behaviour. Integra Technical Paper 94-98, Radnor, PA: Integra,
- Mohd. Salleh Masduki. (2000). "The importance of being ICT Literate:
The role of MDC." Paper presented at the E-Revolution Conference,
25th August, 2000, Sunway Lagoon Resorts, Petaling Jaya.
- Rothblum, E.D., Solomon, L.J. and Murakami, J. (1986). Affective,
cognitive and behavioural differences between high and low procrastinators.
Journal of Counseling Psychology, 33: 387-394.
- Salizman, L. (1979). Psychotherapy of the obsessional. American
Journal of Psychotherapy, 33: 32-40.
- Solomon, L.J. and Rothblum, E.D. (1984). Academic Procrastination:
Frequency and Cognitive-behavioural Correlates. Journal of Counseling
Psychology, 31: 504-510.
- Wesley, J.C. (1994). Effects of ability, high school achievement,
and procrastinatory behaviour on college performance, Educational
and Psychological Measurement 54: 404-408.
- Wolfe, R.N. and Johnson, S.D. (1995). Personality as a predictor of
college performance. Educational and Psychological Measurement,
Email Dr. Noran Fauziah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Papers by Ahmad Mahdzan (PhD) and Noran Fauziah (PhD)
Mangroves And Ecotourism: Ecological
Bullying among Malaysian Elementary School
Procrastination Among Students in Institutes
of Higher Learning: Challenges for K-Economy
Preferences For Outdoor Recreation: The Case
Of Pulau Payar Visitors
Development of Graduate Education in Malaysia:
Prospects for Internationalization
Higher Education and Socioeconomic Development
in Malaysia: A Human Resource Development Perspective
Business Of Higher Education In Malaysia: Development
And Prospects In The New Millennium
Papers by Farah Mahdzan
(BBA in MIS, Ohio U., 2001)
Study of Phonological Differences between Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Indonesia
Asian Americans: An Analysis
of Negative Stereotypical Characters in Popular Media
CSD: The Diner Survey Analysis